Tamarind Chutney Recipe | How To Make Imli Chutney
Tamarind Chutney Recipe or also called Imli Ki Chutney is a spicy, tangy, and sweet sauce that is made by using Tamarind extract and then simmered in Indian spices and jaggery or sugar base.
This Imli Chutney Recipe is a most needed sauce of Indian Chaats, for example, Papdi Chaat, Bhel Puri, etc. other than Chaats this Sweet Tamarind Chutney also serves as a side sauce with Indian Snacks Samosas and Pakodas.
You can make this Meethi Chutney Recipe For Pani Puri, Sweet Chutney For Dahi Vada, or you can serve this Sweet Chutney with Samosa also.
Learn How To Make Tamarind Chutney At Home | Imli Ki Chutney Recipe In Hindi | Tamarind Chutney In Hindi | Tamarind Chutney For Chaat | Tamarind Chutney Online | What To Eat With Tamarind Chutney | Tamarind Chutney For Dahi Vada | Tamarind Chutney Without Dates | Sweet And Sour Tamarind Chutney | Imli Ki Khatti Meethi Chutney | Raw tamarind Chutney | Recipe Of Tamarind Chutney with this recipe and tips.
About Tamarind Chutney Recipe
This sweet Imli Ki Chatni Ki Recipe is so delightful and tastes extremely amazing, you will get all the flavors of sweetness, tanginess, and spiciness in one chutney. A perfectly prepared Imli Ki Meethi Chutney enhances the tastes of any Indian Chaats.
This Imli Chutney is prepared in the texture of slightly thick, consistency should not be very much thick nor watery.
This Imli Ki Chutney tastes the same as Khajur Ki Chatni. many like to make Khajur Chatni for their Chaats, but now peoples are making Tamarind Date Chutney (Khajur Imli Chutney) which is made by combining Date and Tamarind Chutney.
Personally, I prefer Tamarind Chutney (Imli Ki Chutney) over Date Chutney (Khajur Chutney). It has the perfect balance of sour tamarind with the sweetness of sugar slight hotness from spices like red chili powder, ginger powder, cumin powder.
Along with the taste, Tamarind has its own health benefits like it protects heart health, balances diabetes, boosts immunity, and improves your digestion.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- You can adjust the consistency of the chutney according to your use and preference. if you want it thinner then add more water and if need slight thick consistency then add less water.
- Use seedless tamarind for this recipe, as it is easy to grind.
- Use fresh tamarind for this recipe don’t use old one, it will taste totally different in comparison to fresh tamarind. so avoid using old stored tamarind.
- For a gluten-free chutney avoid adding asafoetida (Hing) in the chutney.
- You can utilize store-bought tamarind paste also, in that case, skip the step of boiling and grinding tamarind. just mix the tamarind paste in water and then cook by the followed steps.
Storage Suggestions And Shelf Life
The good thing about this Imli Ki Chutney is it has a longer shelf life you can keep store it for months you don’t have to make it again and again for any use, just make it once and store, and use it any time.
Keep stored this Tamarind Chutney in a sterilized glass jar. ensure to clean it well before storing it. this is best to use within 3-4 months once prepared.
Another option of storing is, pour the prepared Chutney Recipe into the ice cubes tray and freeze them overnight. then take out the cubes and pack them in a zip lock bag. Before serving it simply thaw it and use it.
For the longest shelf life of chutney use a clean spoon that is without moisture for mixing or handling the chutney.
Ingredients For Tamarind Chutney
Tamarind: I would suggest you, to use a good quality and fresh tamarind for the chutney. don’t use old stored tamarind.
Sweetener: For the sweetener of chutney, you can use sugar or jaggery, or you can use both in equal ratio.
Spices: I had used here minimal spices like chili powder, ginger powder, and roasted cumin powder this spices gives the perfect flavor to the chutney. but you can also add Chaat masala or Hing.
Water: Adjust the water quantity according the consistency of the chutney. use less or more water for the consistency of the chutney.
Optional Add-Ins: You can add dates, raisins, melon seeds and banana slices to the Chutney.
How To Make Tamarind Chutney
1) In a Kadai or Saucepan add 1½ cup of water and ½ cup of Tamarind. boil it completely, when it boiled switch off the flame and cool it down completely.
2) Add the boiled tamarind along with the water into the mixer jar and grind it into the paste.
3) Sieve the paste with the help of a strainer and remove all the discards.
4) Add the tamarind paste to a pan and with that add ½ cup of water also. mix well and wait until it comes to the boiling point.
5) Once the chutney starts boiling add Jaggery mix well.
6) Next add red chili powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, and salt. mix them well.
7) Now add sugar and mix well. cook it till the consistency starts thicken. I cooked it till the consistency turn out slight thick.
8) Tamarind Chutney is ready to use.
Do check it out our delicious Latest Recipes:
Tamarind Chutney Recipe
- ½ cup Tamarind (seedless)
- 2 cup water
- ¼ cup Jaggery
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder (अदरक)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (जीरा)
- salt as per requirement
- In a pan add water and tamarind. bring it to the boiling point and then switch off the flame. cover it with the lid and let it cool down completely.
- Sieve the chutney with the help of a colander. Next, add the chutney and water to a pan.
- Bring it to boil and add jaggery mix well.
- Then add all the spices red chili powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, and along with the spices add sugar mix them well.
- Cook the Tamarind Chutney till you get the desired consistency.
- Imli Ki Chutney is ready to use.