Khichdi Recipe | Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe | Healthy Khichdi Recipe
“Khichdi” is the most healthy as well as the tasty recipe which is the heart of Indian Meal. Dal Khichdi Recipe is a well-known recipe of India, made with a combination of rice, moong dal & Flavourful Indian spices. Moong Dal Khichdi is a one-pot recipe and can be made in under 30 minutes. Indian Khichdi Recipe is a light and easy-to-digest recipe.
Rice and Dal-based recipes are mostly common and comfort food for Indians. Masala Khichdi can be made in various ways and can be made with different types of lentils.
Healthy Khichdi Recipe | Dal Khichdi Recipe | How To Make Moong Dal Khichdi with easy step-by-step detailed instructions. Lentil-based Khichdi recipe is one of the recipes which is made all over India for different reasons and on different occasions. It has all spices and simple flavors and can be easily served without any side dish. It tastes really good when serve with pickles and yogurt.
You can also try some quick and healthy recipes like Rava Dosa, Rava Upma, and Curd Rice.
How To Make Healthy Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe | Vegetable Khichdi Recipe in Hindi | Khichdi Banane Ki Recipe | Khichdi Ki Recipe | Dal Khichdi Tadka Recipe | Dal Khichdi Recipe Restaurant Style | Rice Khichdi Recipe | Khichdi Recipe with Dal | Simple Rice Khichdi Recipe | Khichdi Recipe for Makar Sankranti with this easy instruction.
About Khichdi Recipe
Just like there is soup for the people abroad, in the same way, there is khichdi for us Indians. Khichdi is the one and only solution for health-related problems. A good tasty and healthy warm bowl of Khichdi with the alongside “Aam Ka Aachar” and fresh “Salad” is the thing that you can cook and eat anytime.
It is not necessary to eat a “Bimaar” sort of khichdi every time, Khichdi can be made delicious here you will get the perfect khichdi recipe with simple ingredients including rice, lentil, ghee, cumin seeds, ginger, and asafoetida.
Khichdi recipe has its own benefits, it is easy to digest and doesn’t contain many calories so you don’t need to think even once before eating it. Other than that you can make it more nutritious by adding your favorite vegetables. Additionally, Khichdi helps to improve your digestion system, it helps in detoxifies the body, helps to prevent diabetes, also helps in weight loss.
Once the khichdi is ready a spoonful of ghee doubles the taste and gives you a new level of experience. try once this healthy recipe and trust me you will never ever look at the khichdi as the food like old and sick.
Punjabi Khichdi Recipe | Dhaba Style Dal Khichdi Recipe | Khichdi Recipe Healthy | How to prepare khichdi Indian recipe
Notes For Khichdi Recipe
- If you have already planned to make khichdi for lunch or dinner then soaking rice and dal before cooking will help to cook faster.
- Do not add too much water at the time of pressure cooking otherwise, you will get the mushy texture of khichdi.
- Khichdi thickens once cooled, so just adjust its consistency by warming it before the serving.
- Serve it with ghee, ghee helps to enhance the taste and is also beneficial for health.
- While Making khichdi for babies skip adding spices & salt. Add finely chopped veggies according to your preference or suggested by a pediatrician.
Ingredients For Making Khichdi Making
Lentils: Mostly for khichdi, the standard lentil which is used is moong dal. Moong dal is a yellow-skinned lentil and is split and made from whole green mung beans. These moong lentils are very helpful in balancing disturbances of the body.
Rice: One of the main and well-known grains for making khichdi is rice, but other than that nowadays people have been started using millets, quinoa, oats, broken wheat, and even semolina as grains in place of rice. For more healthy options instead of using refined or polished rice use brown rice, hand-pound rice, or any other less processed kind of rice.
Vegetables: Generally, I make this Khichdi with a small onion, tomatoes & carrots as other vegetables take time for preparation. Be that as it may, you can add any of your favorite vegetables according to your preference. You can add veggies like peas, beans & potatoes.
Spices: There are generally some common Indian spices that are used to make Indian Dishes. Usually, peoples only use cumin for this Healthy Khichdi Recipe, but contingent upon the body constitution one can use ingredients like fresh ginger, black pepper, and turmeric. one of the main spices of this Khichdi Recipe is Asafoetida (Hing), using Hing in khichdi can help in digestion, also helps in clearing stagnation, bloating.
Ghee: ghee (Clarified Butter) is one of the main ingredients of this healthy recipe. From ancient times ancestors use ghee to make this recipe, so from that time khichdi is always made with ghee. Ghee helps to heal and balance body and mind equally. Also if you are following any diet plan then you can skip the ghee and can use any vegetable oil.
Method of Making Khichdi Recipe
1) Take ½ (half) cup rice and ½(half) cup moong dal, wash them well. You can put them separately also, soak them till you cut the vegetables.
2) Meanwhile chop the required veggies, here I’m using ¼ cup finely chopped onions, ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1½ cup chopped veggies like carrot, potatoes, peas & beans.
3) Heat a pressure cooker and on medium flame add 1½-2 tablespoons of Ghee (clarified butter). When ghee starts melting turn the flame low and add 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds (Jeera) and 1 bay leaf (Tej Patta). Saute for 20 to 30 seconds and then add a pinch of Hing (asafoetida).
4) After that add grated ginger and saute for around 40-50 seconds. then add ¼ cup finely chopped onions and cook until they become golden.
5) add finely chopped tomatoes cook them for 2-3 minutes or until they turn mushy. Then add chopped vegetables, it’s totally up to you, you can also skip the vegetables.
6) Saute them for 1-2 minutes and then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (optional). Mix them well.
7) Now drain the soaked Dal add it to the cooker, saute them for a couple of minutes to bring out the aroma. same as dal drain the rice also and add it to the cooker.
8) Now pour 4 cups of water, you can adjust the water according to your consistency of khichdi. If you want your khichdi to be of mushy texture then add 3 cups of water. mix all of them well and taste the water, the water should be slightly salty.
9) Now close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook the khichdi on a medium flame. Cook the khichdi for 4-5 whistles.
10) Lastly, wait for the pressure to release by itself, stir it softly. If the khichdi is thick and you want soupy consistency then in another pan boil half a cup of water and pour it into the khichdi. mix well and simmer just until bubbling.
11) Serve hot khichdi with Pickle, Papad, and Lassi. top it with 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- Potato Wedges Recipe | Deep Fried & Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- French Fries Recipe | How To Make Homemade Crispy Finger Chips
- Lemon Mojito Recipe | Refreshing Virgin Mint Lemon Mojito
- Tamarind Chutney Recipe | How To Make Imli Chutney
- Filter Coffee Recipe | How To Make South Indian Filter Coffee
- 1½ – 2 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified Ghee)
- ½ cup Rice
- ½ cup Moong dal
- ¼ cup Finely chopped onions
- ½ cup Finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Grated ginger
- 1½ cup Chopped veggies carrot, potatoes, peas & beans.
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1-2 Bay leaf (Tej Patta)
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 3-4 cup Water
- Ghee for serving
- Wash rice and dal very well. Soak them for 10-15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker heat 2 tablespoons of ghee. When ghee melted completely then add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- After that add a pinch of Hing without burning it cook for 20-30 seconds.
- Add grated ginger saute for around 40-50 seconds, then add finely chopped onions and cook until they become golden.
- Then add finely chopped tomatoes and cook them until they turn mushy.
- Add chopped vegetables saute for 2-3 minutes, then add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (optional). Mix them well.
- Now add moong dal saute them for a couple of minutes, then add rice and 4 cups of water.
- Close the lid and cook the khichdi for 4-5 whistles on medium flame.
- Lastly, wait for the pressure to release by itself. Serve hot khichdi by pouring ghee on top.
One thought on “Khichdi Recipe | Moong Dal Khichdi Recipe | Healthy Khichdi Recipe”
Simple but tasty and quick recipes…ideal for the summer and saves your time