French Fries Recipe | How To Make Homemade Crispy Finger Chips
Learn How To Make French Fries At Home | Crispy Homemade Finger Chips With Tips & Suggestion | Perfect Thin And Crisp French Fries Recipe | Frozen French Fries | Homemade French Fries | Homemade Fries | Mcdonalds Fries | Crinkle Cut Fries | Fried Onion | Mccain French Fries | Best Potatoes For French Fries | Deep Fried Potatoes | How To Make Baked French Fries | Easy French Fries | Oven-baked French Fries | McDonald’s French Fries with this recipe.
About This Recipe
French fries or simply known as fries, chips, finger chips, or french-fried Potatoes are generally allumette-cut and deep-fried potatoes. You can easily see these dishes commonly appearing on the menus of diners, fast food, restaurants, pubs, and bars.
These are generally served as salted french fries, depends on the taste of the country, maybe served with ketchup, vinegar, mayonnaise, tomato sauce. These can be served hot, delicate, either soft or crispy. This is generally a dish of lunch or dinner or by themselves as a snack.
Mainely, french fries are made by cutting the potatoes into even strips, after which they soaked into cold water to remove the surface starch of potatoes. and then put them on a kitchen cloth for thoroughly dries. and after that, they may then be fried in one-two stages or can be baked.
There is also another variant of making french fries, you can use sweet potatoes instead of using normal potatoes. there is also an option of making french fries without using oil or without deep-frying them, you can also bake them.
I have mentioned the method of making french fries In the oven, which is called Baked French Fries. if you are going to make this recipe without frying them, then this method will help you for sure.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- Best Potatoes For French Fries: Russet potatoes are known as the best potato for French fries. As they are thick, they don’t have much water inside, which permits them to get extra crisp. Waxy potatoes are the most exceedingly awful for french fries. These incorporate red potatoes, fingerling, and new potatoes. They’re high in dampness, and will really get empty when seared as the water evaporates out.
- Quantity Of Potatoes (per person): It takes much a greater number of potatoes than you might suspect to make french fries. Figure around 2 enormous Russet potatoes/per person.
- Soaking Of Potatoes: Soaking potatoes in cold water disposes of the starch. Starch makes things brittle and delicate, and we need our fries to be sturdy and crisp. Soak them for at any rate 60 minutes, or as long as for the time being, or you can soak them overnight also. The more you can soak them, the better. Store them in the refrigerator while they are soaking.
- Double Fry Technique: Deep-frying potatoes twice is the most ideal approach to acquire the crispiest outcome. After you fry them once, dampness crawls its way back to the highest point of the french fries, making them get spongy. frying them a second time eliminates this dampness.
Try More Yummy and delicious fast-food recipes like Veg Momos and Pani Puri.
Method Of Making Baked French Fries
- Soak the fries in cold water in any event for 1 hour or overnight and pat totally dry.
- Standard Cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes. take out and pat them dry. Move it to a plate or tray and blaze freeze them for 40 minutes.
- At the point when you are ready to serve it, take out them from the refrigerator and toss with up to half a cup vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Spot the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet or you can use foil paper also, at 400° F in the lower third of the stove for 15-20 minutes.
- Take out the tray toss them once and once again place them in a single layer. bake for 10 additional minutes or until brown and fresh.
- Move to paper towels and season them quickly with salt. and serve it hot with some sprinkle of red chili powder and oregano and serve it with ketchup.
Ingredients For French Fries Recipe
- 3-medium size potatoes or 300 grams potatoes
- 4 cups of cold water
- dry oregano or mix herbs as per requirement
- salt as per taste
- red chili powder or red paprika as required
- oil for deep frying
Method Of French Fries Recipe
- First and foremost take 1 extra-huge potato or 2 huge potatoes or 3 medium potatoes (300 grams). wash well in water and afterward peel them.
- At that point cut the potato into a slice having 1 cm thickness. Prior to cutting, you can eliminate the top and base pieces of the potato to get a square potato. You can likewise utilize a french fry cutter in the event that you have it.
- Cut all the remaining potato slices in the stick. Wash these potato sticks in water to dispose of the starch. In a bowl take 4 cups of cold water and dunk the potato sticks in it. Keep this bowl outside or in the fridge for 30 to 45 minutes. In a hot and damp atmosphere, keep the bowl in the refrigerator.
- After following 30 to 45 minutes, drain the water of potatoes in a colander. wash the potatoes with running water. drain all the additional water.
- At that point place them on a kitchen cotton napkin or you can use any clean cotton cloth. Spot the second 50% of the napkin above and press, pat, and dry the potatoes. The potatoes must be totally dried before you start to fry them.
- Warmth oil in a wok or pan or Kadhai. Keep the fire to medium. This fire reach will rely upon the substantialness of the container. For a hefty dish or wok, keep a medium fire and for a less weighty pan, utilize a medium-low fire. The oil ought to have medium-low warmth.
- Presently add the potatoes to the oil. You can fry in a few batches. I fried them in two clusters. not to pack the wok (Kadai) or container.
Start to fry them. stir regularly while frying them for uniform cooking.
- Fry till the potatoes get cooked, however, they ought not to brown from outside. They should simply get a hull from outside with no significant color change. the light browning of the edges is ok. take out them with a slotted spoon.
- Spot the half-fried potatoes on paper kitchen towels or tissue paper. Stack 3 to 4 paper towels. Press some paper towels from the top additionally to absorb additional oil. Allow the half-fried potatoes to chill off at room temperature. After taking out this batch, you can fry the second group of potatoes. When you fry the second batch of potatoes, the first bunch of fried potatoes will cool down. So in a similar oil, you can fry the first batch of half-fried potatoes again.
- Now For Frying the Potatoes 2nd Time, Presently increment the fire to a medium-high or high. The oil ought to be hot and on medium to medium-high warmth.
- Add the half-fried potatoes to the hot oil. starts to fry the potatoes, stir it regularly. Fry french fries till it gets crispy and golden. take out finger chips with a slotted spoon. Spot french fries on paper tissues again to eliminate the additional oil.
- While the french fries are hot, take them in a bowl. Sprinkle with some salt, paprika, or red chili powder, dried spices, or dry oregano.
- Gently and softly shake and toss the bowl so the salt, spices, blend well in with the finger chips.
- Crispy french fries are ready to serve and eat.
Serve french fries hot with any cheese dip or sauce of your choice. Here I had served these crispy french fries with some sprinkle of oregano and ketchup sauce.
2 thoughts on “French Fries Recipe | How To Make Homemade Crispy Finger Chips”
So easy and simple to make thanks for sharing the simplest way of making french fries 👍.
Love it ❤️